Watch India Tv Com - Stock To Watch.
Watch India Tv Com
- India TV (Independent News Service Pvt Ltd) is a Hindi news channel based in Film City, Noida, India. It is a news channel that has appealed to the Indian masses for its unique style of presentation that is targeted at the common man and not at the elite unlike most news channels.
- Secretly follow or spy on
- Look at or observe attentively, typically over a period of time
- a period of time (4 or 2 hours) during which some of a ship's crew are on duty
- Keep under careful or protective observation
- look attentively; "watch a basketball game"
- a small portable timepiece
Black-necked Crane (Grus nigricollis), Ladakh, Jammu & Kashmir, India - 06.09.10
Camera Model Name
: Canon EOS 5D Mark IILens
: EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USMTv (Shutter Speed)
: 1/400Av (Aperture Value)
: Evaluative MeteringISO Speed
: 100Focal Length
: 360.0 mm
The Black-necked Crane arrives in Ladakh in late March or early April. The first activity is courtship followed by mating. After com
pleting their breeding cycle leave the wetlands in October and November. They are considered as holy and spiritual creatures by the people of Ladakh, sighting of them is regarded as a sign of good luck and their arrival as a sign of coming prosperity.
And luck has shone gloriously while presenting with birding opportunities during both the trips to Ladakh; sighting these rare and endangered birds did not pose as a difficulty.
Cranes are among the most spectacular birds on earth that travel thousands of kilometers without caring for boundaries created by human beings. The Black-necked Crane is the only high-altitude crane among the 15 species in the world and was the last of the world’s cranes to be discovered by the scientific community. This is not surprising since it inhabits a region that has been one of the earth’s most physically impenetrable one and very little is known about their migratory routes.
These are tall birds, 135 cm
in height with a wing span of about 62-64 cm
. Both the sexes are almost of the same size but the male is slightly bigger than the female. The upper portion of the long neck, head, primary and seconda
ry flight feathers, and tail are completely black
and the body plumage is pale grey/whitish. A conspicuous red crown adorns the head. The bill is greenish and the legs and feet are black
. The juveniles have a brownish head and neck and plumage is slightly paler than that of the adult. This magnificent crane which lives in the high altitude wetlands of the Tibetan Plateau can survive temperatures up to –30? C / –22? F
Incidentally, the first record of Black-necked Crane in India was made by Frank Ludlow (British naturalist) on 1919 when he shot one bird and collected its head and wings for identification.
They feed on shoots
, small fish
. Encountered in high-altitude open wetlands, meadows and bogs, limited in its general distribution to the vast Tibetan Plateau, from Ladakh and southwestern and western Tibet to the central and eastern parts of Qinghai Province of China ranging in altitude from 3, 500-4, 700m
/ 11, 483-15, 420ft.
Clutch size 1-2
brownish green eggs with brown spots are laid, often directly on to the grassy ground (or ground lined with dry grass or tubers) of a small island in a shallow lake, mount of marshes, or a floating nest platform (an untidy heap of collected aquatic plants). Same nesting mounds are used by the same pairs over the years. They are incubated by both sexes for 28-30
days. Three days after hatching, chicks vacate the nest, following their parents.Currently these birds are threatened by factors such as
• Tourists camping around the wetland especially near the watch
• Garbage such as tin cans and plastic bottles thrown away by the tourists.
• Excessive grazing by the horses brought up by the tourists and/or trekking groups.
• Off track driving and vehicular movement right upto the edge of the wetland.
• Disturbance to the birds created by tourists such as chasing the birds for photographs.
• Large expedition camps of various organizations in the area.
• Unregulated development such as construction of road and buildings near the wetlands.
• Motorable road close to marshes creates disturbance.
• Laborers camping close to the nesting site.
• Fishing by the laborers.
• Raising of electric poles all across the wetland.
• Many enclosures made by different Government agencies for fodder production.
• Illegal quarrying for extraction of sulphur.
• Boating in the wetland using the mechanized boats.
• Bathing and washing activities at the hot springs.
• Reclamation of wetland for agriculture.
• Tremendous biotic pressure brought on by the settlements and their grazing cattle.
• Nomads pitch tents close to the nesting site of the cranes and their dogs are a major threat to the breeding birds.
• Local people mostly children of the nomads, have been seen disturbing the incubating birds.
• Waste/garbage thrown by the army and villagers in the stream running through the village.
• Dogs owned by Indo Tibetan Border Police personnel.
• Regular rains during the past have brought lot of silt from the mountains near the wetland and this has destroyed the pastures and the wetland to a great extent.
As mentioned above this endangered species of birds are already under severe threats. There is no way to know if other birding en
GOPIO Refused to do US & Indian National Anthem at their Convention in NY (USA) INDIA ABROAD Aug. 14, 2009
Dear Editor: I congratulate Mr. Aziz Haniffa for showing courage for his article on National Anthem Flap by GOPIO. But I respectfully disagree with Mr. Thomas’s comparison of UNO with GOPIO. He must understand UNO does not represent people of particular origin where as GOPIO represent people of Indian origin only.
Then his contention he is spending his own time & money is half truth; he may be spending his own time but certainly he is spending community money. The other statement that I have a habit of fighting with every one here also he is wrong I am fighting with people who are dishonestly controlling various Indian organizations; stealing & misusing community funds for personal gains & photo ops with politicians and doing nothing for the equal rights or any other benefit for the Indian American community.
On Aug 15, 2009 at the Indian consulate Mr. Thomas approached me and said he wants to speak to me alone. I agreed to that. Dear Editor I leave to your readers after reading about the conversation I had with Mr. Thomas who is right and who is wrong.
Thomas: I can not say it in public you must understand there are people from Caribbean Countries like Trinidad and Guyana, they are 4-5th Generation citizens they are Hindus and most of these countries are governed by Hindus or they are controlling major power and still there is very strong opposition to them by the local non Hindu population. That is the reason we were not doing Indian National Anthem. These people are very sensitive to this issue. As far as I am concerned I am for it looks at my patriotism I am living in America for over 40 years and still I am holding Indian citizenship. Then you must understand GOPIO is for India but we must keep an arms length from India.
Dave: I do not agree with your explanation if any one in GOPIO has reservation to Indian National Anthem they should not join this organization for people of Indian origin. As far as you’re not taking US Citizenship here also you are wrong. In order to participate in the governance of your adopted country you must become its citizen other wise you will be treated as an opportunist living here for money only.
Let’s talk about other issues like the Racial Slurs, “Indians are cockroaches, animals, illiterates & illegal go home by Police Union, Police brutality & subsequent deportation of Rajnikant Parikh without giving him an opportunity for a open Public Trial, Murder of Dr Geetha Angare at a high security water treatment Plant, help to 4 & 7 year old children of Subdeb Singh & Jeevan Jyoti arrested for immigration violations and the very current issue of Police brutality & racial slurs You Fucking Arab go back to your country against US Navy Veteran Kuldip Singh Nag in Illinois? (By that time Prof Saluja Editor of Indian Panorama has also joined us)
Thomas: We don’t get involved in local issues.
Dave: Then what for you have created GOPIO? Just for photo opportunity with Senators & Congressmen on the Capital Hill? Mr. Thomas you are not alone in this dirty game there are others like Ram Narayanan of US India Friendship, Ramesh Kapur of Security Leadership Council, Sanjay Puri of USINPAC, Seema Singh of AICC, Toby Choudhary, Sant Singh Chatwal, Assemblyman Chivukula, FIA, IBA etc you guys are all naked sitting in a pool of dirty water. I challenge all of you that your photo ops have not done anything for the community and India. I am fighting to expose all of you.
Then we have so called Human Rights protectors like United Sikhs, SALDEF, SAALT, ALDEF with dishonest & below average individuals like Deepa Iyer, Rajbir Singh Datta etc trying to make their legal carriers with the Federal Aid they are receiving in the name of the community for their respective organizations. On top of that we have people like Ishani Chowdhury of Hindu American Foundation, Narain Kataria of Hindu Intellectual Forum & Devendra Singh of Hindi USA all the time abusing Indian Muslims & Christians in the name of non existent Hindu Unity while living in a 82% Christian Country. One day the community will realize that all of you guys are for pushing your personal agendas which can never be of any benefit to Indian community living in USA.
Forwarded Message: RE: Cultural program at GOPIO convention
RE: Cultural program at GOPIO conventionWednesday, July 29, 2009 4:38 PM
From: "GOPIO" To: "'DAVE MAKKAR'"
We are not planning Americana an Indian national anthems at the GOPIO Convention since we have delegates from more than 25 countries of the world.
Thanks for contacting us.
From: DAVE MAKKAR [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 4:34 PM
To: Thomas Abraham; GOPIO; GOPIO; GOPIO
Subject: Cultural program at GOPIO convention
Please advise if GOPIO will allow 9 & 13 US born children to do the National Anthem of America & India as per the attached form
See also: blue strap watches cherry wood watch winder schaffhausen watch mens watch brown leather where can i watch old cartoons online swiss watches sale fendi white watch military wrist watch womens bracelet watch nike triax c3 heart rate monitor watch